Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blah

Today has been icky weather here. I feel terrible and my prayers go out to everyone who was affected by the storm that is now passing through our area. We have many friends over in Alabama- our prayers are with them.

Since today has been kind of yucky, I think it is time for a "Take out the Trash Day." If you are a fan of West Wing...I mean not many people are ha....but on the show they have days during President Bartlett's terms where they "take out the trash" which means pretty much putting what you need to out for everyone to hear. Well, today, I'm going to speak my mind about a couple of things. Well pretty much, just one.

After growing up in a church family, where everyone knows everyone- people become your family. When people begin coming to your church, you bring them in as part of your church family. Recently, I became aware of an event that is taking place in a few days, for someone who I grew up with- that I was not invited to. Everyone else, was invited....but I was not. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't bother me. The fact that someone took the time and effort to go and purposely not invite me- that is just childish and in my opinion, not very nice. Anytime you get left out it doesn't feel too good- BUT to have someone say, I don't want this person there, now that just rubs me the wrong way. But let me just say, that I am sending a gift to this particular event for that person and I wish them and their family the best. I just think its the right thing for me to do.

OK I am done now. I promise.

On to happier things!



Tomorrow I am heading to North Carolina to see my good friend Shelley. I CANNOT wait to see her cute little face. It has been far too long my friend! It is a 7 hour drive that I will be making as soon as I get off work tomorrow. It's going to be a LONG day...but totally worth it!

Y'all have a fab weekend. OH and don't forget to watch my hubby (Mr. Wright) play against the Phillies this Sunday night at 8 pm on ESPN for Sunday night baseball. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment