Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall is coming....

I finally broke down and decide to start blogging- even though my life isn't that interesting! I just thought it may be fun because a few of my friends do it and its a great way to keep up with what people are doing with their lives. I don't think that I am going to be one of those people who blog everyday- just whenever I have something interesting going on.

As most of my close friends and family know, I am currently working and living in Jacksonville, Florida (yes, still, I know). I work for a Tax Software company and also help out at JU whenever I can (with the athletic department). Thats pretty much all I have time for. I am enjoying being able to travel and try and go to as many places as possible! I am actually going to Chicago and Indiana next week!

This past weekend, I went to Boiling Springs, North Carolina with one of my best friends Kelly to relax and also for the Soccer for a Cure soccer tournament. Let me tell you whats in Boiling Springs.....a college and a coffee shop! We went shopping in Shelby where we found this cute little shop, similar to Swoozies. The girl that owned it was there and she was the nicest person. I love small towns just because of the people you meet there- everyone is willing to give advice on where the best places to eat, shop, and visit. The weather up there is starting to change and become cooler!! I love fall weather and can't wait to wear the cute fall clothes!!

Kelly and I also have nice "adventures" when we travel together, or just in general! On the way home, we stopped in Clemson, South Carolina, which may be my new favorite college town...I know, I know Athens is still up there but I absolutely adore Clemson! We ran into some TriDeltas there and they were super nice! We ate at Mellow Mushroom, which the one there is AMAZING...its right across the street from the campus and football field. I wish we could have spent more time there! We also stopped in Atlanta, and went shopping and ate lunch on the way home on Monday. It was a pretty relaxing trip. While in North Carolina, we went to see a movie, I emphasize there is nothing to do up there, and it was a GREAT movie. We saw All About Steve and it was a funny and interestingly enough it was very inspirational. It taught me that I need to not try and be something that I am not. I spent 4 years of my life in an organization and school where I felt that I had to 'fit in.' But who really fits in? You have to be yourself and love who you are before anyone else can love you. I spent a lot of time thinking this weekend and I have decided to stop pretending being someone I am not. It takes so much more energy to try and be something that you are not rather than just being yourself, no matter how goofy, crazy, or quirky you think the real you is. You just need to wear your red boots (if you have seen the movie then you will know what I am talking about). I am going to try and start living up to this- it sometimes can be hard, I know.

As most of you know, the first college football games were under way this weekend! My team, of course is the wonder and fabulous University of Georgia. We lost to Oklahoma State which was very disappointing. This and the opening of baseball season, has to be my two favorite times of the year- you always have something to watch! This is a rebuilding year for Georgia- we lost some key players last year. But I know that we will do the best we can haha.

Anyway, moving along, I am making my way (finally) to Wrigley Field next Wednesday!!!! I am flying into Indiana where my friend Andrew is and then we are driving to Chicago to go see a game. We are also going to see Notre Dame vs. DePaul soccer game (he loves soccer). I am pumped!!! Last year I got to go to do the whole New York thing and now I get Wrigley! WOW!! Next, I hope, will be Fenway!!! Below are some pictures from our trip this weekend to North Carolina.

3 comments:

  1. Excuse me..but you are going to have to bring me back something Notre Dame from the bookstore! Size small please! Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blog Jayme! Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete