Friday, September 11, 2009

Thinking....

So today, I have been thinking today about what I wanted to write about. My friend Kelli wanted me to write one yesterday, but I was way busy at work and didn't have time. So Kelli here you go, since I know you love keeping up with whats going on in my head and because I am no longer with you everyday for your entertainment! :) By the way, I miss that office!!!

Leaving college was on the of hardest things I have ever done in my life. I left my comfort zone, I left my friends, and I left the place that I loved. At JU, there wasn't many people who I didn't know. I have gone through my life believing, for the most part, everyone is good natured and everyone cares about other people. I mean those are the type of people I have always been around and I really didn't know any other kind. Leaving JU, was an eye opening experience. There is a world outside of JU, and its called reality.

One of my close friends, taught me that I needed to leave my bubble, as he called it. I have to say in the last year, I have learned a great deal. It amazes me the things that I look back and think, "wow, I can't believe I didn't know that." I mean, I still have a long way to go but I have to say thank you to those of you who have helped me on this long journey to becoming an adult. I have also learned about friendship. I went to JU not knowing anyone. I joined a sorority in hopes of meeting people- which I definately did! I met some great people while I was there.

But, JU isn't my life anymore. Its very sad to say, but its the truth. Its time for me to grow up and move on. Its time to be me, which I haven't been a very long time. The same friend helped me see that and I have him to thank for making me be me again. It took a while for him to get through to me (because as most of you know, I am pretty stubborn), but it finally dawned on me.

This was a pretty random day, but I've been thinking about this stuff all week so I decided to write about it. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment