Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wrigley Field and Chi-Town

I returned on Saturday from an amazing trip to Chicago. The trip started off a little rough with a 3 hour delay in the Jacksonville International Airport and then I missed my connecting flight in Atlanta. Surprisingly enough, I didn't freak out! I made it to Indiana about 3 and half hours after I was supposed to arrive. But, the next day we were going to Wrigley and I was really excited! The traffic in Chicago, especially on game day (even though it was a Thursday day game) is horrific. After Andrew haggled with someone for a parking spot, we were able to walk around Wrigleyville. There is an endless supply of places to go and things to do around Wrigley. Before I left, I was advised on where to go around there by some of my friends who had been before. We found those places and more!

We finally got into Wrigley, after I insisted on taking a whole slew of pictures. It was amazing...I think by far the best stadium I have been to yet! Dennis Leery threw out the first pitch and lead "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." He was a hoot! I believe it was in the middle of the fifth inning, we see some commotion next to us in the bleachers (because that is the BEST place to sit). We look over just in time to see this fellow, who is highly intoxicated, fall from the first row of the bleachers, to the last row of the bleachers. He made it safely, and stood up and asked where his shoes were. Everyone stood and applauded. Wrigley was an experience that I will never forget!

The next day we went sightseeing around Chicago. We had a soccer game to attend that night, so we went pretty early in the morning! One of my coworkers was actually in town for a conference so he came and met up with us. Our first stop was Michigan Ave. Let me just say, I think every city needs one of these! We ate lunch at the famous Ginos Pizza Place. You can write on the walls there, and I gave a valiant effort with my mascara, because that's all I had. We then went to Navy Pier, where we rode the Ferris Wheel, like good little tourists. We took the water taxi on Lake Michigan to Solider Field, which looks like a UFO....it was massive. We made it a little too late for the soccer game, Andrew's friend plays for Notre Dame and they were playing DePaul in Linkin Park. For the evening, Andrew had a great idea to go to IKEA. I have never actually been in one, but I hear everyone talk about how great they are. It was HUGE. I grabbed a catalog on the way out and it kept me occupied while I was flying back.

All in all, it was a great trip! I had a ton of fun! I got back on on Saturday just in time to see the Bulldogs beat the Razorbacks. They had me nervous for a while, but they pulled through.

Well, that is all for now! Here are a few of the pictures from the trip! I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

This was lunch at Ginos!

I added some art to the wall....


Michigan Ave


Wrigley Field!

Wrigley field

Andrew and I....I was almost cut out of the picture because I am so short!

The famous Wrigley sign!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Welcome to the world of blogging...hopefully you'll be a better blogger than I am!

    ReplyDelete