Monday, September 14, 2009

Its a love story.....

This morning I was reading the New York Times, as I do every morning, and there was this cute story about an older man and woman who had known each other for since they were 12 or 13; they are now around 80 years of age. She was the tomboy and he was the best buddy; they shared summers together in Massachusetts. They lost contact around the age of 16 and they each went their separate ways. The both were married, had children, and lived their own lives. Well, the woman was a newspaper columnist and she just couldn't get her mind off of this guy who she once knew and loved. She was widowed and a few years following decided to write an article on him and the summers they once shared in Massachusetts. Someone that knew the man read the article and immediately contacted him. He ended up calling the woman and they started dating (since his widower as well) and they were just married at the end of August. I thought that was the cutest story!

Anyway, last night I saw one of the rudest things I had seen in a while. I don't want to talk about it for long (because I think any attention he gets, is just giving him what he wants) but I think its worth mentioning. For those of you who didn't hear, last night at the MTV VMA's Kanye West jumped on stage and took the microphone away from Taylor Swift as she was accepting her award for best female video. Kayne then went on and on about how Beyonce should have won the award. I think Kanye is classless and is a piece of trash. The bad thing is that he will continue to sell music and gain fans even though he has no respect for anyone but himself. Beyonce, while accepting an award later on the in the evening, called Taylor back on stage and gave her the opportunity to give her acceptance speech. I like Beyonce and respect the way that she carries herself. I can't believe what our music stars and also our athletes have come to these days. Its very scary to look at how much they are paid and then we are shown how ignorant they truly are.

In just a couple of days, I will be leaving for Indiana/Chicago for a few days. I am starting to get nervous about the flight. I get really nervous when I fly due to my first flight to New York last year. But otherwise, I am pumped about going! It will be a fun time for sure!! I was talking to my friend Danny yesterday and we both want to go to all the baseball parks in the US, and we decided that next year we want to take a week and go to all the ones on the west coast. It will be pretty easy just to get them all done together. Finally, I found someone with the same goal!!!

Its coming up on a busy time at work. People's laid back attitudes are starting to change a little. They are becoming more stressed and more irritable. Hopefully, this busy year it will be pretty smooth!

I love the fall! I love the weather, the way the air sounds, the sports, and especially the TV shows! I have started watching this new show, Glee, on Wednesday nights. One of my friends told me that he thought I would like it- so I started watching. Its a cute show, with pretty good music. Of course, the other favorites are Gossip Girl, 90210, Greek and Brothers and Sisters. Can't wait till they all start- which is tonight :)

Have a fabulous day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment