Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a week....

Last week I was in the DC/ Virginia/ Maryland area. I can not stress how much I adore some parts of this area! Every time I travel up there, I just fall in love with different parts of it. I ate in Old Town Alexandria and also went to Annapolis on this trip. These places are so cute and have sooo much history in them. And may I mention the food was fabulous! I ate crab cakes every day I was up there!!!! I met up with an old friend of mine, the only night that I had free and we went to the Wharf in Old Town and had the most delicious crab cakes and calamari ever! It was so fun to catch up with an old friend and see his perspective of living up there. I can totally see myself living there one day (maybe soon?!).

This past weekend one of my best friends (I like to believe that I have 5 best friends) moved to Houston. I have good news to report! Kel got the job at a school there and Ms. McKinney will be teaching third grade! I am so happy for her and can not wait to visit!!!

If you know me then you know that I have a fear, a HUGE fear, of planes and flying. The more I travel, the better it gets. We flew out of BWI to come home this past trip and it was awful! It was just one thing after another! I did however, read this new book that I got before I left that Kel said that I should read. The name of it is Commencement. It is about this group of 4 girls who meet their freshman day at college and then stay best friends after college. They begin to grow apart, but they always found a way to come back together. Through heartbreak, moves, new jobs, love, and life in general, they keep in touch and still keep each other a part of their lives. I am almost done with it, and I can say that I loved this book! It reminded me of some of my friends from college and I can only hope that we remain close through life's journey.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday...well really Monday but just think....we only have a 4 day week this week! YIPPIE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment