Monday, April 5, 2010

There's nothing like the south in springtime...

I hope that everyone had a very Happy Easter!

I love the spring time here in Florida! The weather is just right. There is this old saying, "there's nothing like the south in springtime." What a true statement. As I am sitting here at work, we have the windows open and its such a beautiful morning. This morning the space shuttle took off from the Cape. I walked outside at 6:21 am and you could see it from our back porch. I used to want to be, among my other career aspirations, an astronaut. The only thing that held me back, I believe, was my fear of flying; that's a major one! In middle school, we were a science magnet and we used to do the space simulations all the time.

Yesterday was the opening day of baseball; another reason I love this time of year! Both the Braves and the Mets are opening today at home. The Braves have a real shot this year (I tend to say this every year).


www.atlantabraves.com

2 comments: